So for this recipe I made a few substitutes. Instead of red meat. I opted for white meat (aka Chicken). Instead of Red Sauce (Marinara Sauce), I used white Alfredo Sauce with a little spinach and sweet red peppers. Topped off with a little Italian Cheese and voila! An awesome, and hopefully healthier, Italian Lasagna!
One thing you need to know before you make this recipe that this is not like your typical Italian Lasagna recipe you would find in your favorite Italian restaurant. This one is very different but delicious!
Chicken Caesar Lasagna with SpinachPrint Pin Rate
- 9 Lasagna Noodles
- 20 oz Alfredo Pasta Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 3 Cups Chicken Breasts, Cooked & Cubed
- 10 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach, Thawed and Drained
- 1 Cup Roasted Red Sweet Peppers, Drained and Chopped
- 3/4 Cup Italian Blend Cheese, Shredded
How to make this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cook lasagna noodles al dente according to package directions. Drain well. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- in a large bowl combine Alfredo sauce, lemon juice and black pepper. Stir in chicken, spinach, and roasted red sweet peppers.
- Lightly coat a 3 quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange three noodles in bottom of dish. Top with one-third of chicken mixture two times.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove foil. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.