If you are like me and on a quest to find to perfect banana bread, give this one a shot and let me know what you think in the comments section below.
If you haven’t already, make sure to check out my other banana bread recipes.
Coconut Banana BreadPrint Pin Rate
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 2 Egg(s)
- 1 1/2 Cups Bananas, Mashed
- 1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Coconut, Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
How to make this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add mashed bananas, yogurt, apple cider and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture. Beat at low speed just until moist. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with a tablespoon coconut.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove the loaf from the pan and place on wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely on wire rack before serving.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.