This particular pasta salad is not terribly fancy and doesn’t require many different ingredients either. The key to this creamy ranch macaroni salad is to let it marinate in the refrigerator overnight. If you didn’t plan accordingly, at least try to let sit in your refrigerator for 2 hours. It will be well worth it in the end!
- 16 oz Pasta
- 3/4 Cup Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Celery, Diced
- 1 Cup Parsley, Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Pkg Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How to make this Recipe
- Cook pasta al dente according to directions on package. Drain water then rinse pasta shells in cold water to stop them from further cooking. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine diced onion, diced celery and parsley. Mix well.
- Add cooled pasta shells to the onion mixture and toss until well mixed.
- Add the sour cream and half the ranch dressing mix to pasta mixture. Toss until well mixed.
- Add the mayonnaise and the remaining ranch dressing mix. Toss again until well mixed. Add shredded cheddar cheese and toss well once again.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.