When I was a kid my parents used to take my brother and I out for Chinese food pretty regularly. As a kid my favorite thing to eat were crunchy WonTons. I don’t recall if they had any filling or not but as I got older and seriously started cooking, I knew I just had to make my very own.
These Deep Fried Wontons are delicious! I’m including three of my favorite fillings that I have perfected over the years. Simply select a filling from the list below and follow my easy to follow steps.
- 1 Pkg Wonton Skins
- Oil for Deep Frying
FOR THE TURKEY FILLING
- 3/4 Cup Ground Turkey, Cooked
- 8 Water Chestnuts
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Grated Ginger Root
FOR SRIRACHA ONION FILLING
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 2 Green Onions, Chopped
PEACHES & CREAM FILLING
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Peaches, Diced
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
How to make this Recipe
- For the Turkey Filling: In a mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup of cooked ground turkey, 8 chopped water chestnuts, 1/4 cup chopped green onions, 1 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tsp cornstarch, 1/2 Tsp salt, 1/2 Tsp ginger root
- For the Sriracha Onion Filling: In a mixing bowl, combine 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1 Tbsp Sriracha (more to taste), 2 chopped green onions.
- For the Peaches & Cream Filling: In a mixing bowl, combine 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 cup diced peaches, 1-1/2 Tsp vanilla extract.
- Preheat oil in deep fryer to 375°F. Place 1/2 Tsp of one of the mixtures above into center of each wonton skin. Fold wonton to form a triangle.
- Moisten corners with water using your finger to seal the wonton. Make sure you press firmly to minimize the amount of air in the sealed wonton.
- Drop a few wontons into the deep fryer at a time for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove using slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.