This English Apple Coffee Cake is great with a cup of coffee or tea if that’s your thing. I’m not a morning person and to be honest, don’t usually eat have “breakfast” but when I make this Coffee Cake, I make an exception.
While I used Granny Smith apples for this recipe, depending on where you live and what type apples you have access to, you can also use McIntosh apples or any other apple that would be suitable for making an apple pie.
English Apple Coffee CakePrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg, Slightly Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 3 Cups Apples, Peeled & Chopped
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
How to make this Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Make a well in the middle of the flour and pour in egg, milk, vanilla and butter. Mix well ensuring that all flour is absorbed.
- Fold in the sliced apples. Pour batter into the baking pan. Spread the batter evenly across the pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar and cut in the butter until the texture is like coarse breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the topping over the cake batter.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.