If you are not a fan of Gruyere cheese or have a hard time finding some at your local grocery store, Swiss cheese would be a good substitute.
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Small Chopped Yellow Onion
- 2 Cups Chopped Ham
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Pkg Potato Gnocchi
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Gruyere Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
How to make this Recipe
- Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. (I used a cast iron skillet)
- Add the onions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the ham and thyme and continue to cook until the ham is lightly browned.
- Add the chicken broth and 3/4 cup water and bring to a simmer. Add the gnocchi, stir well, cover and cook until the gnocchi is slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Uncover and stir in the peas, cream, salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and broil until golden and bubbly, about 3 minutes.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.