Not sure when my obsession with Molasses Cookies started. Not sure I care actually. I just love the flavor of molasses cookies especially when they are soft. While not as soft & moist as my signature Molasses Cookies, they are equally delicious.
- 1 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Cup Molasses
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2/3 Water, Hot
- 5 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cloves
How to make this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix canola oil, molasses, white sugar and beaten egg.
- Dissolve 4 Tsp of Baking Soda in a Cup of Hot Water. Add water mixture to molasses mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Wrap bowl and let chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before you plan on baking the cookies.
- Roll dough out and use cookie cutters to shape cookies. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cookies cool on wire rack.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.