If you’ve never pickled onions, or anything for that matter, don’t be intimated. It’s very easy, probably easier than 75% of the recipes on this site. And that is saying a lot since I pride myself in providing easy to make recipes. With just a handful of ingredients, a mason jar and this recipe you are well on your way to making your very own pickled red onions.
Homemade Pickled Red OnionsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 Large Red Onion, Chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups White Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp White Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Pickling Salt
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
How to make this Recipe
- Cut red onion into thin slices. Place in pint sized mason jar.
- In a small saucepan, combine white vinegar, sugar and salt. Add fresh rosemary and bring mixture to a boil.
- Pour mixture over onions in the mason jar until full. Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Seal the mason jar and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- You can use Kosher Salt as a substitute for Pickling Salt. Just make sure there are no additives in whatever salt you use.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.