While the ingredients call for 2 lbs of chicken breast, I have successfully made up to 3.5 lbs using the same amount of the other ingredients. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
This shredded chicken recipe is great for those days where you need to come up with something quick & easy. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve made this recipe. I’ve used this shredded chicken to make tacos and burritos, as well made some awesome nachos with it (like pictures here). My wife has also added to chicken to a bowl of rice for a great shredded chicken bowl!
If you don’t already have an Instant Pot, you can find one on eBay, Amazon or your local brick and mortar!
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast
- 2 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Pkg Taco Seasoning
- 1 Pkg Ranch Dressing Mix
How to make this Recipe
- Place the chicken breasts into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- In a small mixing bowl, which the chicken broth, taco seasoning and the ranch dressing mix.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken ensuring that all the breasts are covered with the chicken broth mixture.
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes then do a quick release when done.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and shred.
- Place shredded chicken back in Instant Pot and let cook for another 15 minutes before serving.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove chicken from Instant Pot.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.