I decided to make mine with tri-color penne pasta but you can easily substitute for your favorite pasta noodles. Don’t like spicy sausage? Try a milder sausage, ground turkey, ground beef or even chicken!
Italian Style Mac & CheesePrint Pin Rate
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 lb Penne Pasta
- 8 oz Shredded Italian Blend Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
How to make this Recipe
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain pasta and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and Italian seasoning and whisk for about 2 minutes. Add milk and continue to whisk occasionally, allowing the mixture to thicken. Add cheeses and whisk until fully combined.
- Pour cheese sauce over strained pasta and stir to combine. Sauce will thicken as it sits.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.