As you can imagine, there aren’t very many different ways to make banana bread. All banana bread recipes will typically include banana’s (duh), sugar, flour, eggs, etc. This particular banana bread recipe uses sour cream as it’s wet ingredient. The end result is a fantastic banana bread. If you like banana bread, do yourself a favor and give this recipe a shot!
Janet's Banana BreadPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Egg(s)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Bananas
How to make this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth.
- Fold in the sour cream and bananas.
- Spread evenly into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.