Many have asked me what they taste like. Well it’s kind of hard to describe. I guess I would say a sugary, sweet type tart. I can personally tell you that it will be impossible for your to eat just one! If you want to experiment a bit and love raisins, add a handful of raisins after step 7 below.
TART SHELL INGREDIENTS
- 2 2/3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Butter, Chilled & Cubed
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chilled Water
BUTTER FILLING INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Corn Syrup
- 2 Egg(s), Beaten
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
How to make this Recipe
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, salt and sugar together.
- Using pastry blender cut butter into flour mix until resembles course meal. Add cold water a bit at a time until dough just starts to hold together.
- Press dough together and shape into disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll our tart dough and cut 4-inch circles. Press dough in greased muffin cups trying not to stretch the dough too much.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Stir until butter is creamed and sugar is dissolved.
- Add eggs, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- Fill tart shells with filling. Each tart should hold about 1 Tablespoon of filling, Be careful not to overfill!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Filling should be lightly browned and still bubbling.
- Let tarts cool in pan for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.