This particular beef dish is great over rice but you can also serve is over diced roasted potatoes. This meat is so versatile you can use it as a filing in tacos or savory pastries like Cuban Papas Rellenas which I hope to make real soon!
Ofelia's Cuban PicadilloPrint Pin Rate
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 8 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Finely Diced
- 3 Tomatoes, Diced
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/3 Cup White Wine
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Spanish Green Olives, Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Capers, Chopped
How to make this Recipe
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, bell peppers, tomatoes and garlic and cook until onions become soft (about 4 to 7 minutes). This is called "sofrito" and is the base of the dish.
- Add the lean ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add the tomato paste, dry white wine, olives + 1 Tablespoon of brine, capers + 1 Tablespoon of brine, and raisins and cook covered over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, stir and simmer uncovered for an additional 15 to 20.
- Best served over fluffy white rice. Garnish with chopped red pimientos and le sueur petit pois (optional).
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.