- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Chopped Yellow Onion
- 8 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 Finely Diced Green Bell Pepper
- 3 Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/3 Cup White Wine
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Spanish Green Olives
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Capers
This particular beef dish is great over rice but you can also serve is over diced roasted potatoes. This meat is so versatile you can use it as a filing in tacos or savory pastries like Cuban Papas Rellenas which I hope to make real soon!
How to Make this Recipe
In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, bell peppers, tomatoes and garlic and cook until onions become soft (about 4 to 7 minutes). This is called "sofrito" and is the base of the dish.
Add the lean ground beef and cook until browned.
Add the tomato paste, dry white wine, olives + 1 Tablespoon of brine, capers + 1 Tablespoon of brine, and raisins and cook covered over medium heat for 20 minutes.
Uncover, stir and simmer uncovered for an additional 15 to 20.
Best served over fluffy white rice. Garnish with chopped red pimientos and le sueur petit pois (optional).
- Can also be served with a fried egg on top or with crispy fried cubed potatoes.
- If you can’t find Stuffed Green Olives you can substitute with "Manzanilla Olives" stuffed with minced pimiento.
- You can substitute the Ground Beef for Ground Turkey