Not only is this Chili Mac & Cheese absolutely delicious, you can make the whole thing in just one pot! This recipe makes enough food for a big family or leftovers for a couple of days.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Large Diced Yellow Onion
- 3 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Drained & Rinsed Black Beans
- 1 Cup Drained & Rinsed Red Kidney Beans
- 26 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 4 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 10 oz Pasta
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Parsley
How to make this Recipe
- In a large sauce pan or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Since you are using extra lean ground beef there is no need to drain the fat, but if you are using fatter ground beef, drain whatever fat there is.
- Stir in the diced onions and minced garlic and cook for about 3 minutes or until the onions softens and becomes translucent and the garlic is aromatic.
- Add the cayenne pepper, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and stir. Add the black beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, chicken broth and elbow pasta. Stir everything together and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat to a simmer, cover the pot and cook for 9 to 12 minutes or until the macaroni is cooked.
- Stir in 1 cup of the shredded cheese, then sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese over the top. Cover the pot for about 1 minute just until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.