While Mexican Rice is often used a side with many Mexican dishes, it is also often used when making burritos. I love a good chicken burrito stuffed with Mexican rice, source cream and some pico de gallo. Yummy!
Restaurant-Style Mexican RicePrint Pin Rate
- 2 Cups Long Grain Rice
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 Cups Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/8 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/8 Tsp Garlic Pepper
How to make this Recipe
- Cut onion into quarters and puree using a food processor. Place the tomato sauce, onion puree, chicken broth, garlic, salt, pepper and cumin into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Heat oil in large frying pan on medium heat. Add rice and cook until golden brown.
- Once rice is golden brown, add tomato mixture and stir well. Cover pan and let simmer for 40 minutes stirring once at the 20 minute mark.
- Once rice is cooked and there is no liquid left, add cilantro and fluff before serving.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.