Rod's Pizza Dough & SaucePrint Pin Rate
- 2 1/4 Tsp Active Yeast
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 5 1/2 Cups Bread Flour
- 1 Tbsp White Sugar
- 3 Cups Warm Water
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 3/4 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Marjoram
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Tsp Basil
- 1/8 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
How to make this Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water (110F to 115F). Let sit for about 10 minutes or until mixture is creamy.
- Add the olive oil, whole wheat flour, salt and 4 cups of the bread flour into the yeast mixture. Add remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time until the dough is ready.
- Turn it out on a floured surface and knead until it is smooth.
- Place dough in a mixing bowl and cover with a damp cloth and let rise for about 1 hour.
- Preheat Oven to 425F. Make sure to place the pizza stone in the oven while preheating. Place the dough onto a surface lightly covered with cornmeal. This will prevent the dough from sticking. Mold into the desired shape.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and mix well. Let sauce sit for at least 30 minutes before using it.
- Spread pizza sauce over the dough. Add your favorite toppings. Back in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.