What I like about this casserole is you could easily omit or change some of the vegetables to your liking. Don’t like Green Bell Peppers? Replace them with something else or leave them out completely!
Sharon's Country CasserolePrint Pin Rate
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 Cup Celery, Diced
- 2 Cups Short Grain Rice
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 19 oz Tomatoes, Diced
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
How to make this Recipe
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add chopped green pepper, corn, diced onion, chopped celery and rice. Stir for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add beef (or turkey) and salt & pepper to taste. Stir and cook until all the meat is browned.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes until moisture is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Plate and Enjoy!
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.