This bundt cake has a nice lemony flavor and is super moist. This is in part because this cake recipe uses 7-Up as it’s liquid as opposed to water like most cake recipes.
Shirley Temple Bundt CakePrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 Cups Butter, Softened
- 3 Cups White Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Extract
- 3/4 Cup 7-Up
- 10 oz Maraschino Cherries
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Extract
- 4 Tbsp Milk
How to make this Recipe
MAKE THE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In large bowl mix together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and continue to mix until blended.
- Add flour and mix again until smooth.
- Pour in lemon extract and 7 up and beat to combine.
- Drain cherries reserving the juice. Chop cherries to desired size. Toss cherries in flour. This will prevent them from going to the bottom of the cake. Fold cherries into batter mixture.
- Grease a bundt pan then dust it with flour. Spread the batter into the greased and floured pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Turn the cake onto serving dish and let cool slightly. Poke holes all over the top of the cake and pour reserved cherry juice slowly over the top making sure the juice gets soaked up. It's ok for it to seep to the bottom. Let cool completely.
MAKE THE GLAZE
- While cake is cooling, make the glaze by mixing the powdered sugar, lemon extract and milk. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake. Top with more cherries if desired.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.