This dish in particular was a hit with everyone. I was seriously pressed for time with all the dishes I was making so elected to use a pre-made cornbread mix to versus my homemade buttermilk cornbread.
While I was at it, I decided to use sweet Italian sausage and the result was outstanding! And while you are at it, why don’t you whip up some of my delicious Adult Cranberry Sauce?
Cornbread and Sausage DressingPrint Pin Rate
- 1 Pkg Cornbread Mix
- 1 lbs Italian Sausage
- 1 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 4 Celery Stalks
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Poultry Seasoning
How to make this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make cornbread according to recipe directions. Once the cornbread is ready, crumble cornbread into small pieces and add them to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Cook and crumble sausage until cooked and nicely browned. Drain fat then add sausage to the bowl of cornbread (do not stir yet).
- Saute onion and celery in butter for 4 to 5 minutes or until the onions are semi-translucent. Add veggies and butter to the bowl of cornbread (do not stir yet).
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, salt and poultry seasoning and whisk until smooth. Pour broth mixture into bowl with cornbread mixture and gently stir and fold until well combined.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish then spoon cornbread mixture into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and heated throughout.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.