A few years back I made a Guy Fieri dish that had tomatillo sauce. It was awesome! So I decided to play around with his original recipe and this is what I came up with.
As always, I recommend wearing disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers. Avoid touching your face.
Spicy Tomatillo SalsaPrint Pin Rate
- 28 oz Tomatillos
- 1 Jalapeños, Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, Chopped
- 1 Cup Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Green Onions
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
How to make this Recipe
- Drain and chop tomatillos. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Place the tomatillos, jalapeños, onion and red bell pepper in the pan and cook until the mixture softens and becomes fragrant - Approximately 7 to 10 minutes.
- Place the tomatillos mixture in a food processor (or you can use a blending stick). Add the garlic and process until you reach the desired consistency.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro, green onions and cayenne. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.