This Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Spread has a beautiful color and the perfect consistency for spreading on crackers. But I must warn you, this spread has a kick to it! The heat comes mostly from the Chili Oil. While I really enjoy a little kick in many of my recipes, you can easily tone this one down by substituting the Chili Oil with more Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil SpreadPrint Pin Rate
- 7 oz Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 2 oz Tomato Paste
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 1/2 White Onion, Diced
- 10 Basil Leaves
- 5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Chili Oil
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Rosemary
- 3 1/2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt, To Taste
- pepper, To Taste
- Italian Seasoning, To Taste
How to make this Recipe
- Put garlic, onion, and basil in the food processor and process until chopped.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, and process until blended.
- Slowly add oils and vinegar to incorporate. Season with herbs and spices.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.