Now making mashed potatoes is not that difficult. And this recipe is really no different than every other mashed potato recipe out there, except the Vodka. But don’t worry, you can’t taste the vodka! But it sure does help with the consistency of the mashed potatoes.
Everyone knows I love to add bacon to everything so if you are a bacon fan, fold in a cup of cooked & crumbled bacon. For a little more flair, you can add some roasted garlic to taste.
- 10 Russet Potatoes
- 2/3 Cup Half & Half
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1/4 Cup Vodka
- 1 Cup Bacon, Cooked & Crumbled
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- Garlic Cloves, Roasted - To Taste
How to make this Recipe
- Peel and cook potatoes in boiling water until potatoes are soft. Drain well and dry over low heat.
- Using an electric beater, add half & half and butter.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Mix in vodka.
- Fold in cooked bacon (optional). Add roasted garlic to taste (optional).
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.