Pumpkin Polenta with Chorizo & Black Beans
This Pumpkin Polenta with Chorizo & Black Beans recipe comes to us from Rachael Ray but with some minor changes. A superb dish!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Chorizo casing removed, chopped
- 1 Med Yellow Onion chopped
- 15 oz Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper roasted & chopped
- 3 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Polenta
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme chopped
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley chopped
In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat the olive oil and the chorizo. Cook for a minute or two.
Add the onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the black beans and red bell peppers and cook for another minute or two.
In a large saucepan, bring the chicken stock and butter to a boil. Stir in the pumpkin puree. Add the polenta and stir until it thickens, about 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add the thyme, salt, pepper and cheese.
Spoon the polenta onto serving dishes. Top with the chorizo mixture.
Optionally garnish with parsley.
Calories: 1096kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 65g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 1642mg | Potassium: 1474mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 21290IU | Vitamin C: 67mg | Calcium: 302mg | Iron: 7mg