When Strawberries are in season this Strawberry Chicken Salad recipe is one of my favorite things to make. The combo of Chicken and Fresh Strawberries is awesome.
🐓 How to Handle Raw Chicken
Leave the chicken in the fridge until ready to use.
Be careful of dripping juices. Clean up immediately.
Do not wash raw chicken (which prevents cross-contamination).
Wash all utensils and cutting boards (if applicable).
If marinating the chicken, make sure you toss the juices before you cook. Don't ever use the juice from the marinade.
Wash your hands after handling raw chicken.
💭 Recipe Tip
Instead of wasting time cooking chicken, use some chopped rotisserie chicken to make this salad recipe even easier!
🥜 Nut Allergy Warning
💭 Recipe Variation
You can easily tweak this salad recipe to your liking by changing up the vegetables I used.
I know many of you don't like Blue Cheese so feel free to substitute for your favorite crumbly cheese like Cotija or Feta.
What really makes this chicken salad is the salad dressing. If you prefer your dressing on the sweeter side just use a little more honey.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Strawberry Chicken Salad recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Chicken Breasts, Romain Lettuce, Fresh Strawberries, Chopped Walnuts, Honey, Red Wine Vinegar, Low Sodium Soy Sauce and Ground Ginger.
🥣 How to make Strawberry Chicken Salad
In a bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and mix until well combined.
In another bowl, add the cooked chicken and toss with half of the dressing.
In a salad bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, strawberries, vegetables, bacon and walnuts (if using).
Pour the remaining dressing over the salad and toss until combined.
Top with the chicken, blue cheese and croutons (if using).
Strawberry Chicken Salad
- Bowl for Mixing
- 2 Cups Chicken, cooked and chopped
- 18 oz Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberries, chopped
- 4 slices Bacon, cooked & chopped
- ½ Cup Carrots, chopped
- ½ Cup Celery, chopped
- ½ Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 oz Blue Cheese, crumbled
- ½ Cup Chopped Walnuts, optional
- Croutons, optional
- ¾ Cup Honey
- ⅔ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- In a bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and mix until well combined.
- In another bowl, add the cooked chicken and toss with half of the dressing.
- In a salad bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, strawberries, vegetables, bacon and walnuts (if using).
- Pour the remaining dressing over the salad and toss until combined.
- Top with the chicken, blue cheese and croutons (if using).
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.