Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.
What I love about this recipe is its simplicity. A few ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and about 1 hour of your time. My wife said that it reminded her of her childhood with her parents would make cheeseburgers. I think the Velveeta we melt with the meat gives you that childhood memory of processed cheese on a burger.
The Tater Tots come out super crunchy as they should. We wanted our cheeseburgers to have all the fixings like tomato, pickles and onions but you can omit those final ingredients if you feel like it. Either way, if you love cheeseburgers, you won’t be disappointed with this dish. If you are looking for an easy to make casserole that can feed a bunch of hungry people, then this recipe is for you.
Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot BakePrint Pin Rate
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 Large Sweet Onion, Diced, Divided
- 15 oz Tomato Sauce
- 8 oz Velveeta Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Ground Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 12 Bacon Strips, Cooked & Crumbled
- 32 oz Frozen Tater Tots
- 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Dill Pickles, Sliced
How to make this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef and 1 cup of the diced onions, until the beef is no longer pink and the onion is tender. Drain fat from skillet if necessary.
- Stir in tomato sauce, Velveeta cheese, ground mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir occasionally until cheese is melted.
- Transfer meat mixture to a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon. Top with the frozen tater tots. Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with tomatoes, pickles and remaining onion.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.