While I may have this particular Mac & Cheese recipe listed under Gourmet Mac & Cheeses, this is probably the easiest Mac & Cheese recipe you will ever make. It’s actually a copycat recipe from Panera Bread.
What I really love about this mac & cheese recipe is it’s simplicity. This recipe only needs one type of cheese. Unlike my other Gourmet Mac & Cheese recipes that require 3, 4 and sometimes 5 different kinds of cheese. Plus how can you resist a delicious white cheddar cheese?
Copycat Panera Macaroni and CheesePrint Pin Rate
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups white cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 lbs pasta
How to make this Recipe
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot on medium high heat, add butter until melted. Whisk in the flour and cook for about one minute. Reduce heat to medium and add milk, heavy cream, salt, dry mustard and pepper. Continue whisking until it begins to bubble.
- Reduce to low and add white cheddar. Stir until melted.
- Add cooked pasta, stirring until combined. Remove from heat and allow to sit about 5 minutes to thicken. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.