This Copycat Hard Rock Cafe Mac & Cheese recipe is one of my favorite Mac and Cheese's to make. Cheesy with a little kick to it!
Frequent visitors to my blog know that I love making Copycat recipes and also love Gourmet Mac & Cheese recipes. So when I "found" this Copycat Hard Rock Cafe Mac and Cheese, you know I just had to make it in my own kitchen.
I've lost count on how many Hard Rock Cafe restaurants I've visited over the years. Cancun, Chicago, Florida, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and many more. Not only do you get to enjoy good music while you eat, but the food is also surprisingly good.
This mac and cheese is also called a twisted mac and cheese recipe for obvious reasons. If you don't care so much that it's a copycat recipe, you can use whatever kind of pasta noodles you have on hand. The flavor comes from the other ingredients used in this mac and cheese recipe.
Compared to other Gourmet Mac & Cheese recipes, there is nothing really special about this mac and cheese recipe. You got your Roux with a couple of cheese and a few spices and there you have it. The only ingredient that may throw you a curveball is the bell pepper.
I decided to use an orange bell pepper but feel free to use whatever you have on hand or flavor that you like. If you are like me, make sure you chop your peppers finely. I know I don't want a huge chunk of bell pepper in my macaroni and cheese.
The end result is probably one of the best Macaroni and Cheese recipes I have ever had! A creamy and cheesy mac and cheese with a subtle kick thanks to the bell pepper and the cayenne.
If you enjoy making copycat recipes from your favorite restaurants, make sure you check out my collection of Copycat Recipes. My Copycat Cracker Barrel Mac and Cheese is another awesome copycat macaroni and cheese recipe.
⭐ Copycat Rating
Since the goal of a Copycat Recipe is for it to taste exactly like the original, it's only natural to rate this recipe against the original. This Copycat recipe rates a solid 8 out of 10 in my opinion.
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Copycat Hard Rock Cafe Mac & Cheese Recipe: Macaroni, Milk, Velveeta Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Monterey Jack Cheese, Cayenne Pepper, Ground Black Pepper, Bell Pepper, Seasoned Bread Crumbs, Parmesan Cheese and Fresh Parsley.
🥣 How to make this Copycat Hard Rock Cafe Mac and Cheese
In a large saucepan, bring salted water to boil and cook the macaroni al dente according to the directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
In the same saucepan, add the milk, Velveeta, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, cayenne pepper and black pepper and heat over low for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and smooth.
Add in the cooked pasta and roasted pepper to the pan, and then toss to coat the pasta.
In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Scoop Mac & Cheese into a serving bowl and sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the top.
🍳 Recipe Card
Copycat Hard Rock Cafe Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb Macaroni, uncooked
- ⅔ Cup Milk
- 8 oz Velveeta Cheese, Cube
- 1 ¼ cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- ¼ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Bell Pepper, roasted & diced
For the Topping
- 4 Tbsp Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
- ¼ Tbsp Fresh Parsley, finely minced
- In a large saucepan, bring salted water to boil and cook the macaroni al dente according to the directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, add the milk, Velveeta, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, cayenne pepper and black pepper and heat over low for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and smooth.
- Add in the cooked pasta and roasted pepper to the pan, and then toss to coat the pasta.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Scoop Mac & Cheese into a serving bowl and sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over the top.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.