It’s really easy to find Hominy here on the West Coast, but may be a little more challenging in some areas. Just check the Hispanic section of your local grocery store as that is where they may stock it. For those of you that are not quite sure what Hominy is, it’s basically dried corn.
If you are still not convinced, Hominy is used to make Masa (for tamales), pozole, hominy bread, hominy chili, casseroles and fried dishes.
Mexican Black Bean and Hominy SaladPrint Pin Rate
- 15 oz Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz Hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Small Yellow Pepper, diced
- ½ Red onion, diced
- ⅓ Cup Cilantro, fresh & chopped
- 1 Jalapeño(s), seeded & minced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- ¼ Tsp Ground Cumin
- ¼ Tsp Salt
How to make this Recipe
- In a medium size bowl, combine beans, hominy, tomatoes, pepper, onion, cilantro and jalapeno.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, oil, cumin and salt.
- Pour over bean mixture and toss well to combine.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.