And you can easily control the “wetness” by the amount of mayo you add to the potato mixture. Personally I found that 1 ½ Cups of mayo gave me the consistency I wanted but you can add another ½ Cup or so to your personal liking. Nothing fancy with this Potato Salad, just a good Old Fashioned Potato Salad that you must bring to your next BBQ.
If you prefer a good Macaroni Salad instead of Potato Salad, make sure you try this recipe: Hot Rod’s Macaroni Salad
Old Fashioned Potato SaladPrint Pin Rate
- 5 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes, Peeled & Cubed
- 1 Small Sweet Onion, Diced
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Sweet Dill Pickles, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Dill Relish
- 1 Cup Diced Celery
- 1 1/2 Cups Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
How to make this Recipe
- Boil the peeled and cubed potatoes in a 5 quart pot with a little salt added to the water. Boil for approximately 7 to 8 minutes (check for firmness around the 5 minute mark).
- Drain well and rinse in cold water so the potatoes stop cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped onion and eggs. Set aside. In a separate bowl, combine pickles, celery, salt and pepper, mustard and mayonnaise.
- Once potatoes are cooled, fold in chopped onions and eggs. Add mayonnaise mixture to potato mixture and combine gently. At this point if the salad seems dry, you can add additional mayonnaise.
- Garnish top with slices of hard boiled eggs and sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.