This Chicken Tikka Masala dish is a favorite of ours. Not only is this dish absolutely beautiful with it’s yellow and orange coloring, but it also tastes delish! You would think that a dish like this with all its pretty colors would be challenging to make. Not the case. This is probably one of the easiest recipes to make. Easy and quick enough to make that you can easily whip this one up on a weeknight.
A home cook who relies too much on a recipe is sort of like a pilot who reads the plane’s instruction manual while flying.
If you are wondering where the beautiful yellowish hue comes from, its thanks to the Turmeric. If you are not familiar with Turmeric, its a key ingredient in many Asian dishes. Ground Turmeric can be a little bitter but combined with the other spices in this recipe, the flavor is out of this world!
So if you are looking for an easy to make and great tasting dish, you need to give this one a try. Easy to make and healthy to boot, you won’t be disappointed. While I often serve this dish Jasmine or Basmati rice, you can substitute the rice for Naan Bread.
Chicken Tikka MasalaPrint Pin Rate
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 lb Chicken Breast(s), Cooked into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 14 oz Petite Diced Tomatoes, Undrained
- 1/3 Cup Half-and-Half
How to make this Recipe
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until the onions have softened. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Add chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Gradually add half and half and mix until well combined.
- Serve with Rice or Naan Bread.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.