This Chicken Tikka Masala dish is a favorite of ours. Not only is this dish absolutely beautiful with it's yellow and orange coloring, but it also tastes delish!
You would think that a dish like this with all its pretty colors would be challenging to make. Not the case.
This is probably one of the easiest recipes to make. Easy and quick enough to make that you can easily whip this one up on a weeknight.
If you are wondering where the beautiful yellowish hue comes from, it's thanks to the Turmeric. If you are not familiar with Turmeric, it's a key ingredient in many Asian dishes.
Ground Turmeric can be a little bitter but combined with the other spices in this recipe, the flavor is out of this world! If you really dig Turmeric and enjoy spicy mustard, give my Jalapeno Mustard a try.
🐓 How to Handle Raw Chicken
Leave the chicken in the fridge until ready to use.
Be careful of dripping juices. Clean up immediately.
Do not wash raw chicken (which prevents cross-contamination).
Wash all utensils and cutting boards (if applicable).
If marinating the chicken, make sure you toss the juices before you cook. Don't ever use the juice from the marinade.
Wash your hands after handling raw chicken.
So if you are looking for an easy to make and great tasting Chicken Tikka Masala dish, you need to give this one a try. Easy to make and healthy to boot, you won't be disappointed. While I often serve this dish with Jasmine or Basmati rice, you can also serve it with Naan Bread.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Chicken Tikka Masala recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Vegetable Oil, Chicken Breasts, Yellow Onion, Garlic Cloves, Ground Turmeric, Ground Cumin, Ground Cinnamon, Salt, Lemon Juice, Petite Diced Tomatoes and Half & Half.
🥣 How to make Chicken Tikka Masala
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Place the chicken in the skillet and cook until no longer pink. remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
Add onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until the onions have softened. Place the remaining ingredients and mix well. Add chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Gradually add half and half and mix until well combined.
Serve with Rice or Naan Bread.
Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts, Cooked into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- ½ teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 14 oz Petite Diced Tomatoes, Undrained
- ⅓ Cup Half and Half
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until the onions have softened. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Add chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Gradually add half and half and mix until well combined.
- Serve with Rice or Naan Bread.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.