My wife was in the mood for some soup and I was in the mood for some chili. So we compromised and made this Chili Chicken Stew.
As you would expect, this stew recipe is super easy to make. A handful of ingredients in one pot and about 45 minutes on the stovetop.
You can easily customize this chicken stew recipe to your liking as well. Use whatever kind of frozen vegetables you want. You can even sub the green bell pepper for another type of pepper if you want.
I like to keep this recipe as simple as possible so I usually use rotisserie chicken. That being said, you can cook the chicken yourself using your preferred method.
You can also control the stew's consistency by adding more or less of the broth and adding more vegetables. You can easily make this your own stew recipe!
If you don't have any chili powder on hand you can substitute for some taco seasoning or fajita seasoning. Check out our article on How to make Homemade Seasonings.
For more great recipes made with Cream of Chicken Soup, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Chili Chicken Stew recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Vegetable Oil, Green Bell Pepper, Yellow Onion, Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, Low Sodium Chicken Broth, Chili Powder, Chicken, Diced Tomatoes, Frozen Mixed Vegetables, Salt and Pepper.
🥣 How to make Chili Chicken Stew
In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil. Cook the green bell pepper and onion until they are tender, stirring often.
Add the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, chili powder and the cooked chicken to the saucepan.
Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the diced tomatoes and the frozen mixed vegetables. Cook for 30 minutes and then serve.
Chili Chicken Stew
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 10 ¾ oz Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 30 oz Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 Cups Chicken, cooked & cubed
- 15 oz Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 12 oz Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil. Cook the green bell pepper and onion until they are tender, stirring often.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, chili powder and the cooked chicken to the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and the frozen mixed vegetables. Cook for 30 minutes and then serve.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.
I loved this chili chicken stew. Very flavourful and loads of veggies. I did use rotisserie chicken to save time and was delicious. Number 1 in my book.