I love a good Cinnamon Bread. Heck, I love just about anything with Cinnamon. My only problem with Cinnamon is like my issue with Garlic. I always have to double whatever amount is recommended so I can really taste the flavor. To help “fix” this little problem of mine, I’ve started using Ground Saigon Cinnamon which is a little more pungent than regular Ground Cinnamon.
Food is not just eating energy. It’s an experience.
Now the beauty of this Cinnamon Bread recipe is that is it super simple to make. And I mean simple. Throw all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, combine and bake for 1 hour. Depending on your oven, it may be ready sooner so make sure you check it before the 1-hour mark. In my case, the bread passed the toothpick test at the 50-minute mark.
Cinnamon BreadPrint Pin Rate
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Egg(s)
- 1/4 Cup Shortening, room temperature
- 2 Tsp White Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
How to make this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined. Pour half of the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and spread 3/4 of the mixture over the batter in the loaf pan.
- Pour the rest of the batter into the loaf pan and spread the rest of the sugar mixture on top of the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.