My wife was in the mood for some Creamed Spinach so I decided to make this Copycat recipe from Boston Market. I decided on this recipe mostly because it's super easy to make.
Personally, I am not a huge fan of waiting spinach this way. I don't mind spinach in my salads but there's something about the text when prepared like this that is not terribly appealing to me. But I know several people that absolutely love it!
⭐ Copycat Rating
Since the goal of a Copycat Recipe is for it to taste exactly like the original, it's only natural to rate this recipe against the original. This Copycat recipe rates a solid 7 out of 10 in my opinion.
💭 Ingredient Substitution
You can use fresh spinach instead of frozen. You will need approximately 2 pounds of fresh spinach that has been cleaned, stems removed and cooked using your preferred method.
If you are looking for a healthy and easy-to-make side dish to go along with your Holiday Turkey, this is definitely worth trying especially if you like spinach. Always nice to have options besides the usual corn and carrots.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Copycat Creamed Spinach recipe from Boston Market (see recipe card for quantities): Cream of Celery Soup, All Purpose Flour, Canola Oil, Garlic Salt, Salt, Pepper, Frozen Chopped Spinach and a Yellow Onion.
🥣 How to make Boston Market Creamed Spinach
Prepare the frozen spinach according to the directions on the package.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the celery soup, all purpose flour, canola oil, garlic salt, salt and pepper until smooth and hot.
Add the cooked and drained spinach and diced onion. Mix till combined.
Copycat Boston Market Creamed Spinach
- 10 ¾ oz Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Canola Oil
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 20 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach, cooked & drained
- 1 small Yellow Onion, diced
- Prepare the frozen spinach according to the directions on the package.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the celery soup, all purpose flour, canola oil, garlic salt, salt and pepper until smooth and hot.
- Add the cooked and drained spinach and diced onion. Mix till combined.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.