Lasagna is one of my favorite Italian dishes. Nothing like pasta with meat and a bunch of cheese. But since I promised my wife that I would start making healthier dishes, this Chicken Caesar Lasagna with Spinach recipe is a relatively healthy alternative to classic Lasagna.
So for this recipe, I made a few substitutions. Instead of red meat, I opted for Chicken. Instead of Red Sauce (Marinara Sauce), I used white Alfredo Sauce with a little spinach and sweet red peppers. I topped off with a little Italian Cheese and voila! An awesome, and hopefully healthier, Italian Lasagna!
One thing you need to know before you make this recipe is that this is not like your typical Italian Lasagna recipe you would find in your favorite Italian restaurant. This one is very different but delicious!
🐓 How to Handle Raw Chicken
Leave the chicken in the fridge until ready to use.
Be careful of dripping juices. Clean up immediately.
Do not wash raw chicken (prevents cross-contamination).
Wash all utensils and cutting board (if applicable).
If marinating the chicken, make sure you toss the juices before you cook. Don't ever use the juice from the marinade.
Wash your hands after handling raw chicken.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out some of my other great Main Course Recipes. You might want to check these awesome recipes out as well:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Chicken Caesar Lasagna recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Lasagna Noodles, Alfredo Pasta Sauce, Lemon Juice, Ground Black Pepper, Chicken, Frozen Chopped Spinach, Roasted Red Sweet Peppers and Italian Blend Cheese.
🥣 How to Make Chicken Caesar Lasagna with Spinach
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Cook lasagna noodles al dente according to package directions. Drain well. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
In a large bowl combine Alfredo sauce, lemon juice, and black pepper. Stir in chicken, spinach, and roasted red sweet peppers.
Lightly coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange three noodles in the bottom of the dish. Top with one-third of chicken mixture two times.
Cover with foil. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until heated through.
Remove foil. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Chicken Caesar Lasagna with Spinach
- 9 Lasagna Noodles
- 20 oz Alfredo Pasta Sauce
- 3 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Cups Chicken Breasts, Cooked & Cubed
- 10 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach, Thawed and Drained
- 1 Cup Roasted Red Sweet Peppers, Drained and Chopped
- ¾ Cup Italian Blend Cheese, Shredded
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cook lasagna noodles al dente according to package directions. Drain well. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- in a large bowl combine Alfredo sauce, lemon juice and black pepper. Stir in chicken, spinach, and roasted red sweet peppers.
- Lightly coat a 3 quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange three noodles in bottom of dish. Top with one-third of chicken mixture two times.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove foil. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.