This Gourmet Indian Gardens Meatloaf is a savory but still easy to make Meatloaf. Three kinds of meat and a great glaze makes this Meatloaf!
I first encountered this Indian Gardens Meatloaf recipe on a trip to the Grand Canyon. I had the opportunity to have it at a local restaurant and swore I would try and make it someday.
Meatloaf has been around forever. At one end of the spectrum, you have your basic meatloaf recipe, which is no more than hamburger in the shape of a loaf (and maybe some seasoning if you are lucky).
But on the other end of the spectrum, we have what I would call Gourmet Meatloaf recipes. This recipe falls into the Gourmet Meatloaf category.
What makes this a Gourmet Meatloaf is we use 3 different kinds of meat, vegetables, bread as well as various spices and we top it off with an awesome brown sugar sauce.
For another great Gourmet Meatloaf recipe, try my Sweet Ketchup Meatloaf.
A Quick Note about Handling Raw Beef
Thaw raw ground beef on a plate on the lowest shelf of the refrigerator, to avoid drip onto other foods.
Keep raw and ready-to-eat meats separate.
Wash hands thoroughly before and after handling raw ground beef. Wash cutting boards, bowls, and utensils used to prepare raw ground beef with hot soapy water and rinse well.
Use separate plates to carry raw ground beef patties to the cooking area and cooked patties to the serving area.
Use a Thermometer to Insure Ground Beef Reaches the Safely Cooked Internal Temperature of 160°F.
How to Make this Indian Gardens Meatloaf
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl mix meats together. Add onion, celery, and seasonings.
Soak bread cubes in milk. Add eggs and Worcestershire sauce to the bread mixture and beat.
Combine meat and egg mixtures and form into two loaves. Roll in bread crumbs and place in greased baking pan.
Combine all brown sugar sauce in a small bowl and mix well.
Spread brown sugar sauce over the top of each loaf. Place pan in the larger pan. Pour about one inch of water in the outside pan and bake uncovered for one hour.
Indian Gardens Meatloaf
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 1/2 lb Ground Pork
- 1/2 lb Ground Veal
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Celery Stalks, Chopped
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Dry Mustard
- 1/4 Tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 4 Bread Slices, Cubed
- 1 Cup Milk, Warm
- 2 Egg(s), Beaten
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
BROWN SUGAR SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 3 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Ground Dry Mustard
how to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix meats together. Add onion, celery and seasonings.
- Soak bread cubes in milk. Add eggs and Worcestershire sauce to the bread mixture and beat.
- Combine meat and egg mixtures and form into two loaves. Roll in bread crumbs and place in greased baking pan.
- Combine all brown sugar sauce in small bowl and mix well.
- Spread brown sugar sauce over the top of each loaf. Place pan in larger pan. Pour about one inch of water in outside pan and bake uncovered for one hour.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.