I love Meatloaf. Beef, Turkey, or a Chicken Meatloaf it really doesn't matter to me. So easy to make in a pinch on a busy weeknight. And this Hoisin Glazed Turkey Meatloaf is no different.
💭 Baking Meatloaf
When it comes to baking your meatloaf, you have a couple of options. You can bake it the traditional way in a loaf pan or bake it on a foil lined baking sheet.
Depending on how lean your ground beef is, you may find the meatloaf sitting in grease. One way to avoid this is to shape the meat mixture into the shape of a loaf and bake it on a baking sheet. This will allow the grease to run off into the pan. Since this meatloaf recipe uses Ground Turkey which is typically very lean, there aren't any advantages to using one method over the other.
💭 What is Hoisin Sauce
If you are not familiar with Hoisin Sauce, it's a sweet Chinese sauce often used in stir-fries or to glaze the meat. It's one of my favorite sauces and can also be used as a dipping sauce.
🌡️ Internal Temperature
Cooking time may vary from oven to oven so it's best to ensure that the internal temperature of the meatloaf reaches 160°F. This is the recommended temperature from the USDA.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Turkey Meatloaf: Ground Turkey, Eggs, Bread Crumbs, Green Onions, Low Sodium Soy Sauce, Garlic Cloves, Fresh Ginger and Hoisin Sauce.
🥣 How to make Hoisin Glazed Turkey Meatloaf
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, egg, bread crumbs, green onions, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and ¼ cup hoisin sauce. Mix gently with your hands.
Pat mixture evenly into a loaf pan. Spread the remaining hoisin over top of the meat mixture.
Bake until the meatloaf is firm and browned and the internal temperature of the meatloaf registers 160°F, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Let the meatloaf cool for 5 minutes in the pan before slicing and serving.
🍳 Recipe Card
Hoisin Glazed Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 lbs Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ Cup Bread Crumbs
- ½ Cup Green Onions, Diced
- 2 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tsp Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tsp Fresh Ginger, minced
- ½ Cup Hoisin Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, egg, bread crumbs, green onions, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and ¼ cup hoisin sauce. Mix gently with your hands.
- Pat mixture evenly into a loaf pan. Spread the remaining hoisin over top of the meat mixture.
- Bake until the meatloaf is firm and browned and the internal temperature of the meatloaf registers 160°F, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let the meatloaf cool for 5 minutes in the pan before slicing and serving.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.