Enough talk about the Instant Pot. Let’s talk about this absolutely fabulous recipe designed for the Instant Pot. My mom was visiting and has been on the fence about buying one for herself. I showed her a list of Instant Pot friendly recipes and asked her to pick one out. Guess What? This was the recipe she chose.
While this Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes recipe is not the most complicated recipe to make in the Instant Pot, it’s the easiest either. Meaning it’s a little more involved than throwing a bunch of ingredients in the pot and pushing a button. But still very simple for a seasoned Instant Pot user.
Instant Pot Lemon Rosemary Chicken and PotatoesPrint Pin Rate
- 4 Chicken Breasts, Chopped
- 2 lbs Small Red Potatoes, Quartered
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 6 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary, Finely Chopped
- 2 Tsp Lemon, Zest
- 1 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
How to make this Recipe
- Place the chicken in a large resealable food storage bag. Place potatoes and the onion in another resealable bag.
Make the Marinade
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, lemon peel, 1 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour half of the marinade over the chicken. Pour the remaining marinade over potatoes and onion. Seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate a minimum of 2 hours.
Prepare the Chicken
- Remove the chicken from the freezer bag and discard the marinade. Add oil to your Instant Pot and press sauté. Add the chicken in batches. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked on all sides. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
Prepare the Potatoes
- Remove the potatoes and onion from the freezer bag. Reserve the marinade. Add vegetables to the Instant Pot (it should still be in Saute mode). Cook and stir for about 3 minutes, scraping up browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
Bringing it all Together
- Arrange chicken on top of vegetables. Pour reserved marinade and broth over chicken. Secure and seal the lid. Select Manual. Cook at high pressure for 9 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, press Cancel and use the quick release method to release the pressure in the Instant Pot. Remove the chicken and the vegetables to a serving dish. Cover loosely to keep warm.
Make the Sauce
- Skim the excess fat from the surface of the liquid in the Instant Pot. Press sauté. Cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce is slightly reduced.
- Season the vegetables with salt to taste. Serve sauce over chicken and vegetables.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.