This Thai Peanut Chicken Casserole is one of my favorites. If you like Thai food, give this easy to make this Thai inspired chicken casserole
I absolutely love the combination of peanut and chicken. One of my all-time favorite dishes is Chicken Pad Thai. I haven't gotten around to make Pad Thai yet so this Thai Peanut Chicken Casserole is the next best thing.
This recipe is obviously not an authentic Thai dish since it uses Buttermilk Biscuits and Mozzarella cheese. I don't know about you but I've never seen an authentic Thai dish with Mozzarella cheese.
Authentic or not, this chicken casserole is delicious. One of my favorite casseroles to make. Have I told you how much I love the combination of chicken in peanut sauce? If you've never tried it, here is your chance.
I prefer the buttermilk biscuits in my recipes but feel free to substitute with a different kind if you happen to have it hand. No need to spend money if you don't have to!
In my experience, a rotisserie will yield 4 to 5 cups depending on the size of the bird. This means that you will have leftover chicken for a sandwich or a chicken quesadilla.
WARNING: If you or anyone consuming this recipe has a nut allergy, please take the appropriate precautions.
Frequent visitors to this blog know that we don't care for mushrooms very much so I left them out this time around. As you can see in the pictures, no mushrooms. I felt that it wasn't a key ingredient in this chicken casserole. The star of the show, in my opinion, is that delicious peanut sauce and chicken.
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Thai Peanut Chicken Casserole: Buttermilk Biscuits, Chicken, Mushrooms, Thai Peanut Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese, Red Bell Pepper, Carrots, Green Onions and Honey Roasted Peanuts.
🥣 How do I Make this Thai Peanut Chicken Casserole
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cut each biscuit into four pieces. Place in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, mushrooms and 1 cup peanut sauce. Spread over biscuits. Top with 1 cup cheese, red pepper, carrots, and green onions. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake until topping is set, cheese is melted and biscuits have cooked all the way through, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve with remaining peanut sauce.
🍳 Recipe Card
Thai Peanut Chicken Casserole
- 24 oz Buttermilk Biscuits
- 3 cups Chicken Breasts, shredded cooked
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 11.5 oz Thai Peanut Sauce, divided
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrot(s), shredded
- 4 Green Onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup Honey Roasted Peanuts, coarsely chopped
how to make this recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut each biscuit into four pieces. Place in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, mushrooms and 1 cup peanut sauce. Spread over biscuits. Top with 1 cup cheese, red pepper, carrots, and green onions. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until topping is set, cheese is melted and biscuits have cooked all the way through, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve with remaining peanut sauce.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.