I was first introduced to this Thai dish when I first moved to Southern California back in the early '90s. I don't recall if it had chicken or shrimp in it or plain like this one. Now you can make Homemade Pad Thai in your very own kitchen!
It's actually a lot easier to make Pad Thai at home than you think. With the exception of the Rice Noodles, you probably have all of the ingredients you need to make this famous dish.
Keep in mind that there are many different variations of Pad Thai out there. This Pad Thai recipe is pretty basic but serves as a great starting point.
🍲 What is Pad Thai
In its simplest form, Pad Thai is a popular dish from Thailand that consists of rice noodles in a peanut sauce with egg, meat (beef, chicken or shrimp) and bean sprouts. Here's more information on the origins of Pad Thai.
🥜 Nut Allergies
This recipe may contain peanuts or other nuts and seeds as one of its ingredients. Please take the appropriate precautions.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Recipe: Rice Noodles, Vegetable Oil, Eggs, Water, Crunchy Peanut Butter, Low Sodium Soy Sauce, Lime Juice, Brown Sugar, Ground Ginger, Red Pepper Flakes and Bean Sprouts.
🥣 How do I make this Homemade Pad Thai
Cook the rice noodles as directed on the package.
Heat the oil in a wok or a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the egg, cook and stir for 30 seconds (egg will not be fully cooked).
Stir in the cooked rice noodles and all the remaining ingredients, except the bean sprouts. Cook and stir until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice noodles, about 1 minute. Stir in bean sprouts.
Optionally Serve with crushed peanuts, sliced green onions and lime wedges.
Easy Homemade Pad Thai
- 8 oz Pad Thai Rice Noodles
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Water
- 4 tablespoon Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 4 tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 4 tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, crushed
- 1 ½ cup Bean Sprouts
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet on medium high heat. Add egg, cook and stir 30 seconds (egg will not be fully cooked).
- Stir in cooked noodles and remaining ingredients, except bean sprouts. Cook and stir until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the noodles, about 1 minute. Stir in bean sprouts.
- Serve with crushed peanuts, sliced green onions and lime wedges.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.