This Asian Chicken Cranberry Salad is packed full of flavor. Super easy to make as well. This recipe if a must for Asian salad lovers.
Every now and then it's nice to have a delicious salad for dinner. This is probably common for many of you, but not so much in my house. This Asian Chicken Cranberry Salad is so good that I will be making this more often for us going forward.
As with most salads, this recipe is super easy to make. Especially when you use rotisserie chicken. It will probably take you more time to remove the chicken from the carcass then make this salad recipe.
The beauty of this Asian salad recipe is that you can modify it to your liking. Have a nut allergy? Drop the almonds. Don't have any sesame seeds on hand? No problem. Leave them out. Don't like dried cranberries? Substitute for some mandarin oranges.
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Asian Chicken Cranberry Salad: Coleslaw Mix, Rotisserie Chicken, Almonds, Dried Cranberries, Red Onion, Fresh Cilantro, Sesame Seeds, Sesame Sticks, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Low Sodium Soy Sauce, Garlic Cloves, Light Brown Sugar, Fresh Ginger and Sesame Oil.
For more delicious salad recipes like this one, make sure you check out my collection of Salad Recipes. From main course salads, potato salads, macaroni salads, we got you covered!
🥣 How do I make this Asian Chicken Cranberry Salad
In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with the chicken, almonds, cranberries, red onion, sesame seeds, fresh cilantro and optionally the sesame sticks.
Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, ginger, and sesame oil in a blender. Add 3 tablespoons of water. Process until smooth.
Pour the dressing over the salad mixture until you get the desired moistness. Gently toss and serve.
🍳 Recipe Card
Asian Chicken Cranberry Salad
- 14 oz Coleslaw Mix
- 2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Cup Almonds, sliced & toasted
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Seeds
- 1 Cup Sesame Sticks, optional
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 4 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Fresh Ginger, minced
- 2 Tsp Sesame Oil
how to make this recipe
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with the chicken, almonds, cranberries, red onion, sesame seeds, fresh cilantro and optionally the sesame sticks.
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, ginger, and sesame oil in a blender. Add 3 tablespoons of water. Process until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad mixture until you get the desired moistness. Gently toss and serve.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.