Every now and then it's nice to have a delicious salad for dinner. This is probably common for many of you, but not so much in my house. This Asian Chicken Cranberry Salad is so good that I will be making this more often for us going forward.
As with most salads, this recipe is super easy to make. Especially when you use rotisserie chicken. It will probably take you more time to remove the chicken from the carcass than make this salad recipe.
The beauty of this Asian salad recipe is that you can modify it to your liking. Have a nut allergy? Drop the almonds. Don't have any sesame seeds on hand? No problem. Leave them out. Don't like dried cranberries? Substitute for some mandarin oranges.
🥜 Nut Allergies
This recipe may contain peanuts or other nuts and seeds as one of its ingredients. Please take the appropriate precautions.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Asian Chicken Cranberry Salad recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Coleslaw Mix, Rotisserie Chicken, Almonds, Dried Cranberries, Red Onion, Fresh Cilantro, Sesame Seeds, Sesame Sticks, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Low Sodium Soy Sauce, Garlic Cloves, Light Brown Sugar, Fresh Ginger and Sesame Oil.
🥣 How to make Asian Chicken Cranberry Salad
In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with the chicken, almonds, cranberries, red onion, sesame seeds, fresh cilantro and optionally the sesame sticks.
Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, ginger, and sesame oil in a blender. Add 3 tablespoons of water. Process until smooth.
Pour the dressing over the salad mixture until you get the desired moistness. Gently toss and serve.
Asian Chicken Cranberry Salad
- 14 oz Coleslaw Mix
- 2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Cup Almonds, sliced & toasted
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- ½ Cup Red Onion
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ Cup Sesame Seeds
- 1 Cup Sesame Sticks, optional
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 4 tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoon Fresh Ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with the chicken, almonds, cranberries, red onion, sesame seeds, fresh cilantro and optionally the sesame sticks.
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, ginger, and sesame oil in a blender. Add 3 tablespoons of water. Process until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad mixture until you get the desired moistness. Gently toss and serve.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.