I love black forest cake and I love a good poke cake so it was a no brainer for me to give this recipe a shot. If you love the flavors of Black Forest Cake, you need to try my Black Forest Cheesecake recipe.
Street food, I believe, is the salvation of the human race.
This Black Forest Poke is much easier and quicker to make than the Cheesecake version and tastes equally delicious! The last time I made this cake for a party I was hosting, it was gone in minutes. If you love poke cakes, make sure you try my Pumpkin Poke Cake
Black Forest Poke Cake
- 1 Box German Chocolate Cake
- 1 Jar Hot Fudge
- 1 Can Cherry Pie Filling
- 2 Cups Cool Whip
- Hershey Bar
how to make this recipe
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Bake chocolate cake in a 9 x 13 dish according to directions on box. Cake is ready when the toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Heat the jar of hot fudge sauce in the microwave then pour over the top of the cake, allowing it to absorb in the cake until cake is cooled. Let set until fudge is completely cooled.
- Pour the cherry pie filling all over the top of the cake, spreading it evenly. Let the cake cool completely.
- Spread cool whip over the top of cake.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.