I made this cake for my wife’s office for a co-workers birthday. I was very clear that I wanted some photos after the birthday girl blew out her candles and they cut the cake. Well, that didn’t happen. Apparently, this cake was so good that it was gone before they could snap some pictures of my cake!
So the pie isn’t perfect? Cut it into wedges. Stay in control, and never panic.
I’ve posted a couple of recipes before of poke cakes (Black Forest Poke Cake, Pumpkin Poke Cake, Almost Better than Sex Cake) but this one might be the best one yet! I know you are all looking at the ingredients and surprised to see ricotta but trust me, this cake is delish!
Cannoli Poke CakePrint Pin Rate
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 oz Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
How to make this Recipe
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Add batter and bake according to the directions on the package. Let the cake cool before moving on to the next step.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes about 1 inch apart all over top of cake.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the condensed milk in a small bowl and pour the remainder over top of the cake trying to fill all the holes as much as possible.
- In a large bowl, beat mascarpone, ricotta cheese and vanilla extract until creamy. Beat in powdered sugar and the reserved condensed milk until smooth.
- Spread frosting evenly over top of the cake. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Refrigerate the cake for at least 2 hours before serving.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.