This Broccoli Cheese Tortellini Bake filled a void I never knew I had. My wife and I easily get tired of eating the same kind of food all the time. You would think that as a publisher of a food blog that would not be a problem.
Like most casserole recipes like this one, they are super easy to make. This recipe has a little more prep work though compared to some other dishes.
This one requires you to cook the tortellini ahead of time. You also need to plan as you need to give yourself enough time to let the frozen broccoli unthaw before adding it to the casserole dish.
When it comes to the red bell pepper, you can use whatever color you want. As you know each color of bell pepper has a slightly different taste to them. When possible, I like to use a yellow or orange bell pepper.
On a couple of occasions, I only had one small can of cream of chicken soup so I used a can of cream of cheddar soup to get the full 20 ounces needed for this recipe. Like I always say, use what you got!
For more great recipes with Frozen Cheese Tortellini, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Broccoli Cheese Tortellini Bake recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Frozen Cheese Tortellini, Frozen Chopped Broccoli, Pimientos, Yellow Onion, Red Bell Pepper, Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, Minced Garlic, Italian Seasoning and Mozzarella Cheese.
🥣 How to make Broccoli Cheese Tortellini Bake
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Cook the Cheese Tortellini according to the directions on the package.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked tortellini, broccoli, pimentos, onion, bell pepper, cream of chicken soup, garlic and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
Fold in half the mozzarella cheese and pour into greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Remove from the oven, sprinkle remaining cheese over top and return to oven for 5 minutes.
Broccoli Cheese Tortellini Bake
- Bowl for Mixing
- Baking Dish
- 18 oz Frozen Cheese Tortellini, cooked
- 16 oz Frozen Chopped Broccoli, thawed & drained
- 4 oz Pimientos, sliced
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 20 oz Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cook Cheese Tortellini according to the directions on the package.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked tortellini, broccoli, pimentos, onion, bell pepper, cream of chicken soup, garlic and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
- Fold in half the mozzarella cheese and pour into greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle remaining cheese over top and return to oven for 5 minutes.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.