I love these Brown Sugar Muffins. Just a handful of ingredients you probably already have in your pantry plus 20 minutes of baking time and you will have some delicious Brown Sugar Muffins.
My wife likes a little "crunch" with her muffins so on one occasion I decided to add nuts. If you decide to add nuts to this recipe, I would suggest no more than ¼ cup of coarsely chopped nuts, adding them to the batter on the very last step listed below.
🥜 Nut Allergies
This recipe may contain peanuts or other nuts and seeds as one of its ingredients. Please take the appropriate precautions.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Brown Sugar Muffins recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Light Brown Sugar, Unsalted Butter, Milk, Eggs, Vanilla Extract, All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda and Salt.
🥣 How to Make Brown Sugar Muffins
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Line muffin cups with paper liners.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the brown sugar and butter together.
Add the milk, egg and vanilla extract and mix well using beaters.
Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and mix until well combined.
Pour batter into prepared muffin cups about ⅔ full each.
Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Remove muffins from baking tin and allow to cool on a wire rack. Sift a bit of brown sugar over the warm muffins for more sweetness!
Brown Sugar Muffins
- Muffin Pan
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the brown sugar and butter together.
- Add the milk, egg and vanilla extract and mix well using beaters.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups about ⅔ full each.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from baking tin and allow to cool on a wire rack. Sift a bit of brown sugar over the warm muffins for more sweetness!
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.