I love these Brown Sugar Muffins. Just a handful of ingredients you probably already have in your pantry plus 20 minutes of baking time and you will have some delicious Brown Sugar Muffins.
My wife likes a little "crunch" with her muffins so on one occasion I decided to add some chopped walnuts. If you decide to add nuts to this recipe, I would suggest no more than ¼ cup of coarsely chopped nuts, adding them to the batter on the very last step listed below.
🥜 Nut Allergy Warning
Just like every other muffin recipe on the planet, this one calls for basically all the same ingredients except it is made with brown sugar instead of white sugar.
To add even more sweetness to these delicious muffins, I like to sprinkle a bit of sifter brown sugar as soon as the muffins come out of the oven. You want them to be warm so it slightly melts some of the brown sugar.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Brown Sugar Muffin recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Light Brown Sugar, Unsalted Butter, Milk, Eggs, Vanilla Extract, All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda and Salt.
🥣 How to Make Brown Sugar Muffins
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Line muffin cups with paper liners.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the brown sugar and butter together.
Add the milk, egg and vanilla extract and mix well using beaters.
Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and mix until well combined.
Pour batter into prepared muffin cups about ⅔ full each.
Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Remove muffins from the baking tin and allow them to cool on a wire rack. Sift a bit of brown sugar over the warm muffins for more sweetness!
Brown Sugar Muffins
- Muffin Pan
- Bowl for Mixing
- Hand Mixer
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the brown sugar and butter together.
- Add the milk, egg and vanilla extract and mix well using beaters.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups about ⅔ full each.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from baking tin and allow to cool on a wire rack. Sift a bit of brown sugar over the warm muffins for more sweetness!
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.