Just like every other biscuit recipe on the planet, all we are really looking at is All Purpose Flour, Sugar, Salt, and some liquid – in this case, Milk – plus a few other ingredients. All the stuff you should already have in your pantry. If you don’t have fresh apples on hand, you may need to make a run to the local grocery store.
The most important thing for me is to really buy the best ingredient.
What I like about this particular biscuit recipe is that besides being super easy to make, the apples and cinnamon add a great flavor to an otherwise boring biscuit. Not that there is anything wrong with a plain biscuit, but the addition of the apples and cinnamon is a nice touch.
Cinnamon Apple BiscuitsPrint Pin Rate
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour, Sifted
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Tbsp Shortening
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 3 Cooking Apples, Diced
- White Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
How to make this Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, shortening and milk until smooth.
- Peel and core the apples and cut into chunks. Fill greased muffin pans half full with dough.
- Press some apple chunks into the center of each muffin cup. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Put a small amount of butter on top. Bake for 20 minutes, or until apples start to liquify.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.