I was in the mood to make some sliders and my wife was in the mood for some buffalo chicken. I didn't have a recipe handy that appealed to me so I developed this Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Sliders recipe.
The buffalo chicken I made for my Buffalo Chicken Enchilada Casserole was out of this world so I decided to stick with that winning combination of ingredients.
You can use whatever type of Hot Sauce you like but we really like Frank's RedHot Sauce. We think it's the industry standard when it comes to bottled hot sauce.
Be warned though, if you can't handle extreme hot sauce, you might want to look for another sauce.
💭 Recipe Tip
While you can pretty much use any brand of cream cheese, I highly recommend you use Philadelphia brand cream cheese. You will taste the difference.
As far as the bread goes, I decided to use regular dinner rolls. I was going to use Hawaiian Buns like I did in my Baked Turkey Pesto Sliders but I wasn't sure if that flavor combination was what I was looking for. You can use whatever kind of bread you want for your sliders.
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Sliders recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Plain Greek Yogurt, Mayonnaise, Apple Cider Vinegar, Romaine Lettuce, Celery, Blue Cheese, Red Onion, Chicken, Cream Cheese, Frank's RedHot Sauce and Dinner Rolls.
🥣 How to make Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Sliders
In a bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise and vinegar. Add lettuce, celery, blue cheese, and onion. Toss to coat. Set aside.
Preheat broiler. Place rolls on a baking sheet and broil until just toasted, about 1 minute. Set aside.
In a saucepan, combine cream cheese and hot sauce over medium heat and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add chicken and toss to combine.
Fill rolls with chicken and top with blue cheese mixture.
Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Sliders
- Baking Sheet
Blue Cheese Topping
- 2 tablespoon Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ Cup Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- ¼ Cup Celery, ciced
- 2 tablespoon Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Red Onion, chopped
Buffalo Chicken Mixture
- 2 Cups Chicken, shredded
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ Cup Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1 pkg Dinner Rolls
- In a bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise and vinegar. Add lettuce, celery, blue cheese, and onion. Toss to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler. Place rolls on a baking sheet and broil until just toasted, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine cream cheese and hot sauce over medium heat and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add chicken and toss to combine.
- Fill rolls with chicken and top with blue cheese mixture.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.