My mother-in-law’s grandma used to make a cookie called “Guess Again Cookies”. This recipe is very similar but with chocolate chips and a few other ingredients. You get the sweetness from the chocolate and the saltiness from the potato chips. It may sound like an odd combination for a cookie, but if you are a cookie monster, you need to give this recipe a shot!
Drink heavily with locals whenever possible.
If you are one of the few that doesn’t Like Chocolate (really?), you should try this version that doesn’t have chocolate: Guess Again Cookies
Chocolate Chip Guess Again Cookies
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter Melted
- 3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg(s)
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Malted Milk Powder
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 12 oz Chocolate Chips
- 3 oz Potato Chips Crushed
how to make this recipe
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter and sugars and mix well.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Stir in the flour, malted milk powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and potato chips, gently stirring until evenly distributed.
- Use a small cookie scoop (
- like this one
- ) to scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Make you leave about 2 to 3 inches between cookies as they well expand.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cookies cool on baking sheet before moving to a wire rack. Let cookies cool completely before eating.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.