I don't recall where I first saw this recipe for Chunky Monkey Muffins but with ingredients like chocolate, bananas, and peanut, I just had to give it a try. How can anyone resist that combination of ingredients?
I will warn you that if you decide to make this recipe, be very careful when melting the chocolate and peanut butter chips in the microwave. They can burn quickly if you are not careful. Don't ask me why. Just watch it very closely.
🥜 Nut Allergies
This recipe may contain peanuts or other nuts and seeds as one of its ingredients. Please take the appropriate precautions.
🍌 How to pick the right Bananas
The best bananas for banana bread are when they are overripe, not yellow but black. Or they're at least streaked with black/brown. The darker the better. If you can't find overripe bananas, you can speed up the process by putting the bananas in a paper bag along with an apple and loosely fold down the top. The bananas should ripen in just a day or two using this method.
For more great recipes like this one, I suggest you check these recipes out:
📋 What Ingredients do I need
You will need the following ingredients to make this Chunky Monkey Muffin recipe (see recipe card for quantities): All Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Creamy Peanut Butter, White Sugar, Eggs, Milk, Bananas, Vanilla Extract, Milk Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter Chips.
🥣 How to Make Chunky Monkey Muffins
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In another bowl, cream peanut butter, and sugar. Beat in eggs, milk, bananas, and vanilla.
Pour wet mixtures into the flour mixture bowl and stir until mixed (do not over mix). Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into greased muffin cups.
Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let muffins cool slightly.
Melt peanut butter chips in the microwave, using 20-second intervals, stirring until completely melted and smooth. Drizzle over cooled muffins.
Chunky Monkey Muffins
- Muffin Pan
- Bowl for Mixing
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Bananas
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter Chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream peanut butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, milk, bananas and vanilla.
- Pour wet mixtures into the flour mixture bowl and stir until mixed (do not over mix). Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into greased muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let muffins cool slightly.
- Melt peanut butter chips in microwave, using 20 second intervals, stirring until completely melted and smooth. Drizzle over cooled muffins.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.