This Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Crunch Ball recipe comes courtesy of my mom. She used to make these all the time for my niece & nephew when they were young. What’s funny is my wife goes absolutely nuts for anything chocolate with peanut butter, yet I’ve never made this family recipe for her. Go figure. I guess it’s time for me to treat her by making these peanut butter crunch balls for her.
Recipes are just descriptions of one person’s take on one moment in time. They’re not rules.
This recipe is pretty straightforward to make but can get a little messy when you dip the crunch balls into the melted chocolate. Luckily I have this cool little dipping tool I got off of Amazon to make it a little easier to coat the crunch balls in chocolate.
If you are a peanut butter and chocolate lover, this is the ultimate recipe. It’s easy to make and will yield enough crunch balls to satisfy everyone at your next party. These would make a perfect dessert around the Holidays, especially Christmas. But be warned, these crunch balls are super sweet!
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Crunch Balls
- 2 Cups Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- 20 oz Chocolate Candy Coating
- 1/4 Cup Salted Peanuts Roughly Chopped
how to make this recipe
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and butter together and mix until well combined. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar, half a cup at a time until mixture is nice and smooth and you can easily form balls.
- Stir in crispy rice cereal.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and refrigerate for 30 minutes on a waxed paper lined lined baking sheet. (You can also freeze for 20 minutes)
- Melt candy coating following melting directions on package.
- Dip the peanut butter balls into the chocolate using a toothpick or dipping tool.
- Transfer to wax paper and sprinkle chopped peanuts on top immediately.
- Let candy stand until the chocolate is firm.
Any nutritional information provided on this site is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with your nutritionist.