Some people like soft cookies while others like crunchy cookies. I like both but when it comes to these cookies, I prefer them crunchy. So here's my Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies recipe.
What helps make these so crunchy is that I use crunchy peanut butter. You certainly can use whatever type your heart desires but the consistency of the crunchy peanut butter just makes this cookie in my humble opinion.
Ever wonder who invented the peanut butter cookie? I did so I looked it up and found this cool article.
🥜 Nut Allergy Warning
📋 Gather your Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients to make this Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies recipe (see recipe card for quantities): Vegetable Shortening, Light Brown Sugar, White Sugar, Eggs, Crunchy Peanut Butter, Salt, Baking Soda, Vanilla Extract and All Purpose Flour.
🥣 How to Make Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies
Preheat Oven to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl, beat shortening until soft.
Gradually add brown sugar and white sugar and blend.
Beat in egg, peanut butter, salt, baking soda, and vanilla.
Add 1 cup of flour and mix well. Add more flour if needed.
Spoon mixture onto a greased baking sheet. Press mixture down using a flour dipped fork.
Bake for 12 minutes.
Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ Cup Vegetable Shortening
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat shortening until soft.
- Gradually add brown sugar and white sugar and blend.
- Beat in egg, peanut butter, salt, baking soda and vanilla.
- Add 1 cup of flour and mix well. Add more flour if needed.
- Spoon mixture onto greased baking sheet. Press mixture down using a flour dipped fork.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
Nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 1 serving. This information is an estimate and may vary based on several factors. If nutritional information is important to you and your diet, please verify this recipe with a Registered Dietitian.